Saturday, April 26, 2008

Brussells Belgium- Mussels, Beer, Chocolate & Chips

The title says it all. Brussels is not exactly the jewel in Europes crown, but did serve as an interesting weekend away in early March.

Above- The world famous Manneken pis (yes a statue of a little boy doing wees). This picture actually does this statue too much justice beacuse seeing it in person is even less spectacular. I read an article that said that this was in the top 10 of over rated tourist sites in the world! It is definately a must do though.

Whilst New Zealand was basking in one of its hottest summers of all time, Nadia and I were freezing in Belgium, hence why we took solus in the chocolate in Cholcolopolis.

Above- In the 6+ years that Nadia and I have been together I have rarely seen her happier than the day she discovered Chocopolis a heaven for chocolate lovers.

Above- Much more my style mussells, chips and beer.

Above- If I look cold in this photo, there is a reason- because I am because its freezing outside.

Above- A real Belgium Beer house


Above- The Atomium, originally built for the World fair in 1958.

Above- Nadia poses with a giant cat on a bicycle.



Above-The Grand Palace. Apparently the flag only flies when royalty is in- I guess they knew we were coming.

No comments: